Re: Re: another sdlg sibling WIDDERSHINS

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: another sdlg sibling WIDDERSHINS
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 13:57:05 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/2003 12:07:00 PM Central Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:

WIDDERSHINS might work pretty well any of these.

Another reason for suggesting WIDDERSHINS was its growth performance in our superior Southern climate <g>. While many irises are yellowing and have been heading into dormancy for some time here, WIDDERSHINS has shrugged, laughed at the heat and continues to grow with no evidence of rot. It exhibits lush, growing foliage on mature fans and is putting on new growth even now.

Too, I read in a recent Tall Talk, Water Moores had suggested it as a performer in his location. Since I perceive him as nothing short of mercinary in the iris evaluation process with near zero tolerance for the inferior, that came as pretty high praise for WIDDERSHINS.

Thanks for the pic list of similars.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor