HIST: President Pilkington

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HIST: President Pilkington
  • From: "David Ferguson" dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 22:30:46 -0000

The plot thickens.

On Feb. 15, Cindy Rivera sent a picture in to Iris Photos of a NOID
that had strong PBF, which she received as Copper Lustre (but not).
I said I had it too, and also wondered about it.  I was glad to see a
photo of it, because now I know it probably has a name, and isn't
just a volunteer from my yard.  On May 7 I wrote a note that I now
have it again as 'President Pilkington', in the form of a plant that
I purchased in 2002.  My purchased plant of "President Pilkington"
was an exact match to the NOID, even made the same large fat fruits.

Well, just for laughs I ordered another 'President Pilkington' this
year, from another source.  It has NO PBF!  OK, so now it's back to
square one.  Does anyone know for sure if 'President Pilkington' has
PBF.  Also the New Mexico Noid with PBF has brownish flowers,
especially noticeable on the standards.  Most photos that I've seen
of the 'Pres.' look very similar, but they do not seem to be so
noticeably brownish.

Any ideas?