Re: Yahoo Changes

Jean,

John is probably looking into this... But since no one else spoke up,
I'll add my $.02.

What this means is that if you read iris-photos posts thru the web, you
can read the posts but won't see any attachements, ie, no photos. Nor
will the searchable archive have the photo, though it WILL have all the
posts.

However, if you get iris-photos via email (not digest mode), you will
still see all the photos.

Uploading photos to the photos part of iris-photos doesn't work because
some people are email-only and some folks just don't LIKE yahoo online.
And, most importantly, they severely limit the space allowed for photos
for free groups. (Methinks they really want paying customers, duh.)

Storing all photos as well as posts in an archive is definitely a space
issue. In addition to the sheer volume, there are those posts where
folks inadvertently post really huge images...

So finding a host for iris-photos that has all the functionality, tons
of space and all free, well, that sounds pretty difficult. I for one,
would be quite willing to give up the web-interface to have an email
list with a searchable archive, but there are lots of other folks here
to consider too.

cathy

--
           Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

   cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/2gGylB/TM