Re: Re: COMP: Hort.net, iris-talk and Yahoo changes

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: COMP: Hort.net, iris-talk and Yahoo changes
  • From: Catherine Button cathy@pav.research.panasonic.com
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:24:52 -0400

Maybe John is really really really busy with turning his iris register
site into a subscription based entity...

Yes, they won't be archived at yahoo nor available online by reading the
posted messages. So if the hortnet will continue to archive (and they
should as long as they receive the posts via email), then thats just
losing a wee bit of the web functionality (and does anybody use that?).
Folks who used to look at iris-photos via the yahoo site, could in
theory, look at the posts thru the archive, albeit a tiny bit delayed, yes?

Linda Mann wrote:
> Has anybody heard anything from John Jones or Chris at Mallorn about
> what's going on with iris-talk?  Is it busted?  Are they both on
> vacation? Or have they gotten mad and dumped us?
> Catherine, as I understand it, the way photos are archived at
> Hortnet/Mallorn is thru a subscription to Yahoo.  So photos will
> continue to go to Hortnet the same as they always have, and will
> continue to be archived there.  They just won't be archived at Yahoo
> anymore.

           Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

   cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/

Low on Ink? Get 80% off inkjet cartridges & Free Shipping at 77Colors.com.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon, Compaq and more!