Pests in the irises

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Pests in the irises
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:58:23 -0400

And I thought I had something to complain about!  Donald, when I see the grasshopper damage and read about Bonnie's problems with field mice I am just ashamed.
All I have right now is a mole population that loves to tunnel around and *under* some of the more valuable iris here.  I get rather steamed about this and get tired of trying to poke soil back under the plants to fill in the air holes.  I'm too lazy to sprinkle Diazinon or Sevin all through the area to get rid of their food supply, and I don't have any natural mole-predators around.  Small problems compared to what you all are talking about!  I guess I should quit complaining.
Neil Mogensen  z 7  western NC  where the rain has finally slowed down.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here