Re: COMP: Hort.net, iris-talk and Yahoo changes

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: COMP: Hort.net, iris-talk and Yahoo changes
  • From: "David Ferguson" dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:32:52 -0000

Speaking for myself, this change has removed nearly any reason for
me to go to the Yahoo Groups web site, other than to repair their
frequent goof-ups in service on the few groups that I stay with. I
will be removing myself from a large number of groups.  What's the
point now anyway?

I'm glad that the Iris-photos group has it's photos archived
elsewhere.  Too bad that long history of photos in many, many, many
other groups is suddenly gone and lost.  In my opinion, this is just
another reason to dump Yahoo.  What's the point of sending in
photos, if they can't be veiwed!  I certainly can't save all the
photos I receive with messages, and I can't possibly receive and
process all the messages from groups to which I belong.  Now I can't
they're gone.  Again, what's the point?

I know Yahoo is in business to make money, but if they keep this
sort of thing up, they won't HAVE any business!