Re: Bleach water

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Bleach water
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:05:55 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:05:55 -0600

Didn't say anything about solution I use when soaking.  However, I'm a bit lazy and I usually just wing it.  I've been doing it for about 20 years with Cactus now.  I fill a container with water, and then poor in chlorine bleach till it "looks right".  There is a subtle but visible change in the solution and you can "feel" the difference if you put your fingers in it (not recommended if you have tender skin; but it never seems to bother my fingers any more than it does the Iris - can't say the same for hand tools).  I would guess it runs about 10 to one, which seems to be the going rate.  However, if you look at the concentrations in the bottle, they're not all the same, and the same brand may occasionally change strength (usually gets more dilute with each change) so if you are going by the numbers, you have to factor that in too.

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links