Re: Riverview Iris Gardens

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Riverview Iris Gardens
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:24:54 -0000

Hello Bill,

My own experiences with Riverview have been satisfactory.  With
their huge selection, I still am inclined to think they are great
resource in the iris world.

> Part of the garbled here
> results from me finding neat rows less pleasing than free flowin',
> shaped beds that only the most accomplished graphic artist might
find himself
> capable of depicting in a bed map.

Boy, I can identify with that.  Even when I have the opportunity
with the beds strung by the barbed wire fence, the plantings don't
end up in rows.  Those beds carved out between the rock outcroppings
are something else again.  I'd intended them to work a lot like a
patch-work quilt, but naturally tried to get more varieties than
there was space between the rocks and ended up with too small
patches for the quilt.  Even where I've corrected that mistake, it's
hard to draw in the patches and leave enough room between the
different cultivars.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links