RE: riverview iris

  • Subject: [PHOTO] RE: [iris-photos] riverview iris
  • From: <jpapillon@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:15:20 -0400

Clem -

I also have always been treated very well by Tony & Irene, and their
products have been vigorous and reliable for name-accuracy.  As I said
before, even the med-to-small rhizomes I received from them produced
beautifully, once established.  On a philosophical note - a garden thrives
on patience and kindness.

Because this is a photo forum, I've attached some of photos of blooms from
rhizomes purchased from River View (smile)

Planted in Sept 2003 & Blooming May 2004
Battle Star (Osborne 1979)
Choir Time (Rogers 1990)
Ovation (Tompkins 1969) IMHO the finest pink
The Right Stuff (K. Mohr 1993)

Planted in Sept 2002 with no bloom in 2003 but blooming with a vengeance in
Boy Next Door (P. Black 1993)

Also, my previous posts of the very prolific Clarence were the result of a
rhizome from River View

NJ / Zone 6