Re: Re: bleach

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: bleach
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:27:43 -0700

Well, actually according to Clorox Corp, properly stored clorox has a
shelf life of 1 year and will loose about 20% of its effectiveness per
year. They say it really has little to do with the amount of oxygen
that gets into the bottle and that sunlight and heat have much more of
an effect.

I am always generous with my measurements when dosing rhizomes anyway.

Yes a powdered bleach does maintain it strength better (once again
depending on the storage conditions)