Re: Not seeing the pictures :(

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Not seeing the pictures :(
  • From: Cathy <kittencampi@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:46:18 -0700

Sheri wrote:
I know it was posted before, about the photos not being able to be
seen at teh archives, has anyone found a answer to the problem? I'm
going through withdrawls not seeing pictures or being able to find
the latest in the archives for August.
If all goes well this winter and then next spring, maybe I too will
be able to share some pictures, as I planted around 30 different
varieties this year.

Anyone have any advice on whether Spring Hill Nurseries is a good/bad
place to order iris from?  They are located in Ohio..
Thanks again,

Sheri in MN
growing in zone 4a/3b

Spring Hill is one of many old nuseries bought up by a japense conglomerate. You can tell because they all have very similar catalogs.  They all seem to average 40 to 60% error on all flowers but we did have good results on their bargain "twigs" of Butterfly Bush, Lilacs, willows, Red Barked Dogwood, etc If you want to have an iris that matches the name you should buy from those folks that advertise in the AIS bulletin or TBIS Tall Talk. Web links at the AIS website are good sources but don't overlook links at the various Regional websites.

I would also recommend you look for someone in a similar USDA zone to yours because you will get faster results because they are already acclimatized to your weather.

Michael M

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links