Re: Re: bleach

jjnettles wrote:

> Never let your bleach go to waste. It is an excellent eviction notice
> for squirrels,voles,moles,gophers and skunks.
As an Old Chemist who used to make bleach, the 5% av. Chlorine in household
bleach is relatively stable if you keep it out of the sun light. It is high
in Alkalinity as it is made by bubbling Chlorine gas through Liquid Caustic
(Sodium Hydroxide.
The higher the alkalinity, the more stable it is. So because of   how much
you use.as  a 10% solution of 5 % bleac, your solutions  probably has a ph
of around 13. If after bleaching your bulbs you want to kill the Ph place
them in a 2 % solution of Vinegar which normally has a PH of 4.5.
Thanks John, good thing to know and I appreciate the information.

MM
Now  that
you already know more than you wanted to know about the chemistry of  bleach
making, I have a question ??

You reference to get rid of squirrels, how do you do THAT ???? Got way too
many eating up my bird seed.

That friendly and funny Old Coot named John

Cross posted the answer to squirrels to iris@ hort.net but if you don't see it then email us direct

Michael M.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here