RE: Re: Protected Mail System

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: Protected Mail System
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:05:36 -0700

One minor correction to Neil's  information. Antivirus software is needed to minimize the possibility of getting a virus. Normal precautions still apply about only opening attachments if you have a reason to receive that type of attachment from that sender. Spam blockers help minimize receiving unwanted commercial messages. Firewalls help minimize the potential for hackers gaining access/control of your computer.
Rita - Be very conservative about even mentioning PCH as I got a spam  message from them this past week even with all filters on maximum aggressive. They have taken so many hits from the regulatory community that I gambled and used their opt out system.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762