Re: Protected Mail System

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Protected Mail System
  • From: "Neil Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:55:26 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Janet LaClair <moonkusser94@y...>
wrote:

 "--- GormleyGreenery@a... wrote:"

Janet, chances are the Gormleys had nothing to do with this message.
There are folks who use a double blind kind of strategy to sabotage
the Internet.

Just the other day, for example, I got a message about something
supposedly from me being refused by an ISP somewhere in Asia or
somesuch remote area because it was supposedly infected.  My address
and my ISP account had been used to foreward a worm or virus.  I
suspect the same thing happened with the GormleyGreenery address.  It
got "borrowed."

I had neither written the message that appeared to have originated
from me or had ever heard of the addressee.

I despise such actions.  Why the authors of this malicious mischief
take delight in screwing up something as useful as the Internet is
beyond the range of my imagination.

The only way we can live through this kind of cyberspace terrorism is
NEVER to open a file if something doesn't look right or smell right.
Also it is essential to buy or get a good quality Firewall and Spam-
guard kind of program and keep it updated.  I use the
Norton "Internet Security" from Symantec and keep my subscription
paid for the automatic update.

Even with something like this in place, some of the time-bombs these
things can carry slip through.

Neil Mogensen   z  7  western NC mountains

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM