Re: Mail Group problems

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Mail Group problems
  • From: Debby <d.j.nelson@sasktel.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:54:07 -0500

What is likely to be happening is that a worm has got the e-mail addresses from someones addressbook and is 'spoofing' e-mails that 'look' like they are coming from the list. Just because it says it is, doesn't mean it actually is. These worms take the addresses and then send them out in hopes that they'll appear genuine and you'll open them - virus attachment and all.  Heck - I've even rec'd an e-mail from myself (which I didn't send) which had a virus attached. It's a BIG problem.
As for this list, I haven't rec'd any virus attachments from this list at all. And if it WAS coming through the list - we'd all be having the problem. So rest easy as far as the list is concerned. And just keep up-dating your Norton regularly (if you don't have it set to do it automatically already). My Norton gets new updates nearly daily so they're working hard to stay on top of the situation.
Debby, Sk.