Re: Mail Group problems

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Mail Group problems
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:07:55 -0500

I have never gotten an in fected message as from the Iris Photos group (have
with other names attached), so it is pretty clear they are faked.  If you
are getting these, you may well have some spyware installed on your
computer, that is allowing somebody (some program somewhere?) to monitor
addresses of emails going through your machine.  These should be removed.
'Spybot' seems pretty good, and catches pretty much everything, but it is
good to make sure it is really something bad before you have it do a clean
of your computer.  It has wanted to wipe out things that I needed before
(probably something about the language in or titles of the files?).  It has
found things that neither Norton nor McAfee have been able to locate.  There
is a free download of 'Spybot', but after it scans your computer, you have
to pay to get the full survice.  I haven't paid, but if it is like most, it
"expires" after a few months, and you have to pay again.  A nice thing about
the free 'Spybot' download (at least the one I have) is it actually lists
the names of the files it finds, and you can go in and delete them yourself
quite easily and quickly.  Most similar software seems just lists the type
of files it finds and how many it finds, so you don't have any way to find
the actual files yourself without learning all the thousands of file names
that are supposed to be on your machine (too much for me to handle!).

Dave

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/