Re: Mail Group problems

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Mail Group problems
  • From: jjnettles <jjnettles@comporium.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:44:55 -0400

> There haven't been any virus infected messages that *really* come from
> this group, at least not recently. What Darlene is probably seeing are
> virus-laden emails with FAKED headers - so they look like they might
> come from this group, but don't.
Got a ton of fake email from folks claiming to be on both the Iris AND
Daylily groups. After I mistakenly wrote several scathing letters to the
purported senders, I too found out that they actually came from hackers.
Fortunately I have "Postini" on my ISP server that does a really great job
of screening my E-Mail before I even see it, and I use AVG updated
automatically.Unfortunately Norton didn't catch one and I met "Doomsday"
head on. Had to put my computer in the shop, wipe the hard drive clean and
then 'RESTORE"  all my programs. Been clean ever since. I run my "manual"
look every night when I sign off to make sure. I also use Spybot to clean
out "Spy" programs. Seems that this has kept my computer very "sanitized".

Oh yes, I now check my e-mail BEFORE I send it. just to be sure I AM CLEAN.

That Funny Old Coot named John who learned the hard