Re: Mail Group problems

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Mail Group problems
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:59:28 -0700

Robert (et. al.)

Bob, there does not appear to be any problem with your iris-photo
membership. Your account is listed as normal and you have individual
email selected. The fact that your email was posted to the list is
indicative of the status of your account.

Often in cases like this, your ISP gets to thinking that mail from
Yahoo Groups is spam and deletes it without telling your. You should
talk to them.

The spam that you are receiving is not really from the person listed in
the from address, rather the email headers are forged, and the hope is
that you will click on the attachment and be infected. It may be the
increase of spam that you get that uses the forged headers that look
like they are coming from Yahoo Groups that triggers your ISP.

There is not much you can do about the spam except subscribe to some of
the spam eliminator services or if you are on a Mac use Apple mail and
their junk filter (which is good, but not perfect by any stretch of the
imagination)

On Aug 11, 2004, at 6:09 AM, Robt R Pries wrote:

> I am hoping someone in the group can help me with  problems in
> receiving mail from Yahoo groups. Every week or so in the last month
> “my computer” would send a message that I no longer should receive
> messages from Iris photos. When I check the archives I discover many
> messages I never receive. Whether it is related or not, I do not know,
> but I also would receive multiple messages each day from people on the
> group with titles like HERE’S THE DOCUMENT YOU REQUESTED or MAILER
> DAEMON DELIVERY FAILURE, or HI, these always have attachments that
> when scanned have various virus, worms etc. Since my Norton anti-virus
> is always running I never download any of these and just delete the
> message. At present I am bumped off the list and I can’t seem to find
> a way to refresh it. Has everyone been experiencing these problems and
> are there any solutions?
>

>  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <yhoo0504_testb_300250a052604.gif>
> <l.gif>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>       •       To visit your group on the web, go to:
>
>       •        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
>       •        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society