Re: TB: Easy Living

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Easy Living
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:17:14 +0000

I put  5 Louisa's Song in Last Fall and had good bloom this spring.  I think I have about 6 pods almost ready to harvest. I also used it as the pollen parent.  The pods where I used it as the pollen parent for the most part came out very small, 5 or 6 seeds.  The pods on Louisa's Song are coming out to normal it appears, 30 or so  seeds I would expect.   Is this normal for Louisa's Song when using as the pollen parent?

Bob Van Liere

> Easy Living was just terrific here this spring. It is
> weathering the rot here well and looks quite healthy. It
> is a bit slow to increase here, but setting pods does have
> a big effect on increase for me. It is very fertile both
> ways. I can't wait to see those seedlings!
> Louisa's Song is alive and well, though I have had it two
> bloom seasons now, and no bloom. Which has caused me to
> frown at it a bit as I have wanted very much to use it.
> But I haven't gone so far as to punish it by letting the
> weeds shade it : )
> Robin Shadlow
> zone 5 NE
> Good People. Great Causes. Get Connected on Care2 Connect:
> http://www.care2.com/go/z/C2Connect
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here