My Garden - Squishy Squelch

Just to let you see what my garden looked like this yesterday afternoon.

We've managed to equal our total average August rainfall in the first four
days of the month.

With the large dam below our place, the island in the middle is almost never
an island, it's just that the water is going in so much faster than it can
get out. Fortunately it has never yet reached our rows of  irises, which are
raised.

We have more rain forecast most days over the next week, should be fun, as
all the dams and reservoirs are now full, so everything is pure run-off.
Still since many parts of the country are still in drought, we're not really
complaining.

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia  Zone 8/9