Re: [iris] Re: REB: climate (was reverse stripes on iris-photos

  • Subject: Re: [iris] Re: REB: climate (was reverse stripes on iris-photos
  • From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:02:38 -0700

Here iris are in raised rows and are flood irrigated every three weeks.
that would be considered a deep watering.  in our garden it seems that if
rebloomers have adequate nutrition and sufficient moisture over the summer
they will rebloom.  in fresh soil a sporadic or even non-rebloomer can have
rebloom with adequate water.  this year we have had strong rebloom on
several of our intros that did not rebloom before, primarily because they
were in lousy, sandy, dry soil. Return To Bayberry and Winning Streak
weren't registered as rebloomers but both have had bloom every month since
April this year.  finally are in good soil and well taken care of.  Golden
Immortal is fertile but tough in the summer months.  (as are most flowers).
We have a whole host of rebloomers blooming right now, a few of the newer
ones are:

Honk Your Horn
Durham Dream
Bernice's Legacy