Re: Re: reverse stripes/ TB Vibrations/Sutton

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: reverse stripes/ TB Vibrations/Sutton
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:40:05 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/2004 8:58:07 AM Central Daylight Time, suttons@lightspeed.net writes:

btw it has only been in the low 100s this year, one of the coolest summers we have had in a long, long time, lots of rebloom.

My apologies for the late response Mike. I've been loaded here.
A couple of years back, I became curious about rebloom in your area of California and the rebloom I experience here. Mostly because you consistently posted rebloom occurance and our temps were not vastly different.

At that time, I began collection weather info for Porterville, CA and comparing it to the weather data here in the secret center of the iris universe.

Like most of my projects over time, this one migrated to the bottom of piling system that serves here as a filing system. For whatever reason, I ran across the data I had been collecting.

Among the many folks posting here, you are most consistent in reporting rebloom. Sure hope you continue the effort. It is much appreciated.

Now back to the temps.. Your mean annual temperture in Porterville is 65.83 degrees while mine is 61.83 degrees. So, yes you are hotter...... but then so are your irises!

Sure like the last few you have posted.
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here