Iris bed at the cabin

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Iris bed at the cabin
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:11:30 -0700

I’m sending a couple of pictures of the iris bed Marvin and I made at out mountain cabin a couple of weeks ago.  He did the heavy work breaking up the decomposed granite and spading in fifteen sq. ft. of planting mix.  I incorporated some iris fertilizer and planted fifty irises in a U shaped bed around about half of the fenced garden. I was up there this weekend watering them again.  Most of it irises are selected seedlings that I want to see how will do in that climate; some are beauties that don’t like the heat down here or bloom so late they burn up  I was up there this past weekend giving them more water with the soaker hoses.  A little rain and a very helpful neighbor has kept them in good condition.  Most were ever starting to grow and multiply already.  This picture gives a little part of the view we have from our lot.  The next will show more of the bed.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links