More of the new planting at the cabin

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] More of the new planting at the cabin
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:11:30 -0700

This view looks south at a neighbor’s unimproved lot.  We have suffered five years of severe drought in this area.  In 2002, there was so little rain that even some of the juniper trees died.  You can see a couple of those in the picture.  We had 25 nice ponderosa pine trees on our lot and lost ten of them to the drought and the pinebark beetle.  Now when I go up, I water those that I really want to keep.  Of course, our big fear up there is fire.  We have tried to fire proof our place by cutting out all the bushes and scrub oak that surrounded the cabin, but not all the owners have done that.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links