Re: OT: transplanting plants (was Bleach water)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: transplanting plants (was Bleach water)
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:57:41 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:57:41 -0600

Patrick, enjoyed the story, reminded me of me.
Perhaps I'm pointing out the obvious here, but I thought I'd mention that an Artichoke is a domesticated Thistle!  Never tried out any of the native Thistles though (don't like Artichokes to well anyway, eating them is too much work for the marginal returns).
I've always liked wild thistles as ornamentals, brought a seedling home once and planted it (had really attractive bright green leaves, not like the usually gray wild ones around here).  Turned out to be Scotch Thistle, nasty, and I've been trying to eradicate them ever since (they reseed all over the place, and I let a head go to seed).  They are pretty though.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links