Re: Puss Moth Caterpillar

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Puss Moth Caterpillar
  • From: jjnettles <jjnettles@comporium.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:27:49 -0400

> Got quite the surprise when I was digging up Siberian iris today.  I
> was digging up clumps from some seedlings that needed moved,
WOW ! THAT LOOKS ugly. Here is S.C. we have a caterpiller we call
"Saddle-Back". It is green, has a black "saddle" and two horns out front. If
you see one DON"T TOUCH. It carries a WALLOP. We find them on Our Iris and
Cannas early in the spring, usually after a rain. BAD

That Funny and Friendly OLD COOT, named John, thanking you for sharing.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM