Re: Can anybody ID this for the Old Coot ?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Can anybody ID this for the Old Coot ?
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:58:00 -0500

Yes, That is a Japanese iris.  It's really hard to tell which variety this
would be. The foliage should be more rigid, or ribbed than the grassier
leaved siberian.   The lavender/blue colors don't photograph well
anyway.  If
you do some searches for Japanese iris, or Ensata iris on Google, you
might get some idea's.  This one is also a 3f meaing 3 falls, you will see
6f and 9f also.
Hope this helps.
Will Warner

> From: jjnettles <jjnettles@comporium.net>
> Date: 2004/08/29 Sun PM 02:21:01 CDT
> To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [iris-photos] Can anybody ID this for the Old Coot ?

Yahoo! Groups Links

I may have posted this before, but never saw an answer. I just collected a
whole bottle of seed from them  and before I plant them I shure would like
to know how to tag them. I have marked them as Siberian (if so which one
??), but was told this week that they were Japanese (If so, whoich one ??)

HELP !!!!

That Funny and Friendly OLD COOT, named John, thanking you for sharing.