RE: Sdlng "Misty Vale" vs MISTY LADY

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Sdlng "Misty Vale" vs MISTY LADY
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:15:48 -0400

Hello Chad!  It took me forever to find in my notes where these seeds
came from.  I think you were also the source of those happy bright
little speckled red and yellow IB seedlings from ROCK STAR.  Thanks!
I'm not doing anything with them, but enjoy their showy blooms.

"Misty Vale" is an improvement in that neither MISTY LADY nor SWEET
MUSETTE do very well here.  I think I've bought ML a couple of times,
never saw it bloom.  So using ML is out of the question for me.  As I
recall, the foliage wasn't as prone to leaf spot, but it didn't grow
well for me.

Anybody have a nice stalk shot of MISTY LADY they would post so I can
compare photos?

SWEET MUSETTE also died several times for me, but I finally have a plant
of it that has bloomed on a stunted stalk a couple of years.  I think it
may have even had pollen this year.

 <However If this flower/plant is not an
                   improvement on Misty Lady then you would probably be
better off using ML than
                   this seedling.>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links