Re: HYB:seedling:red_2

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos]HYB:seedling:red_2
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:55:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/2005 5:44:26 P.M. Central Standard Time, jgcrump@erols.com writes:
<<What are you after in form? >>
Well, now . . . I don't like open standards.  I prefer near horizontal falls and clean colors with very little haft activity.  I guess if I could have the bloom of the lavender one in varying shades of red, perfect branching, and frost to frost bloom, I'd be happy!  Oh, add in the velvet of    1615-1 that I posted a week or so ago!  I guess I just want it all!
Reds that rebloom in my area are rare.  Put in that context, my seedlings don't look so bad. Also, these were lines I'd abandoned at an earlier date.
Another I didn't mention earlier is 1701-1RE.  This was the only red and the first to bloom last fall out of 7.  iris-photo]REB:1701-1RE
Looking for something a bit more modern.  Nothing has really pleased me yet. I'm mixing in some Ghio reds.   1816-2Re (attached) Not quite red yet!
As I said, it's still a work in progress.  Looking for that perfect combination.

JPEG image