  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] NOIDS
  • From: Kent Appleberry appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:56:21 -0600

I see, Bob.  So a NOID page doesn't have to be complicated, though it could be.  Thumbnails would be handy.  I wonder how active the NOID page you gave a link for is.  One advantage of posting NOIDs in iris-photos is that a fair number of people see them, all at the same, so there can be a discussion of the various IDs.  I suppose one could do both, post at iris-photos and then, if results aren't satisfactory, post at the NOID page, in case someone has a later idea.

In the mean time, anyone who is hankering for some TB NOIDs to ID might visit the following page:

The pages with the NOID thumbnails load very slowly, because the full-sized jpeg files are downloaded to get the thumbnails.  (Not a great idea, I think.)

Sanpete County, Utah, where some had ice in their yards this morning!  I suspect my one bloomstalk will have to brought indoors before it blooms.

Robt R Pries wrote:

Kent Appleberry <appleb@cut.net> wrote:

How would a NOID site or section of a site work? Just wondering what
you and Pat (or others) have in mind. How does HIPS handle NOID inquiries?

Sanpete County, Utah

Kent et al: There are some interesting ways in which photos might be gathered. I will refer everyone to the Pacific Bulb Societies website  http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/HomePage

It takes a while to go from page to page because of file size, but it is a format called a wiki that allows for anyone to add pictures. The moderator of course needs to review these and it is quite a task. Nonetheless there are options such as this if we learn how to use them. Unfortunately I have not had the time to learn how to create a Wiki.

Efforts for collecting photos are at the moment confined to the various sections and their is no group that has tackled TB's.

This e-mail has been scanned by Cut.Net Managed Email Content Service, using Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on Cut.Nets Content Service, visit http://www.cut.net