{Disarmed} Re: Why hybridizers DO send Guest

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Why hybridizers DO send Guest
  • From: "Riley Probst" rprobst02@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:59:25 -0500

Mike,

Do I detect a negative attitude. I must be missing something because the irises in the photo look quite good to me. They look much nicer than some of the MTB's I received back. Of course TB's are normally larger than MTB's. I was just glad that my irises had increased enough in the convention gardens so I could receive some stock back. I would have been delighted to receive 19 fans back.

I will be sending irises to conventions again this year. If a hybridizer has any hope of receiving AIS awards, it is necessary to send your irises to conventions where irisarians (judges) will see them. You can grow them in your backyard and maybe get better increase but know one will see them and know one will vote for them!

Mike, I saw a couple of yours in Portland and at the Region 18 convention in Hutchinson, Kansas that were quite nice and that some day I want to acquire for my garden. I really admired your GLORY OF DAWN.

Riley Probst