{Disarmed} Re: HYB: 03-87A Wearing Rubies x Braggadocio

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HYB: 03-87A Wearing Rubies x Braggadocio
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:48:47 -0400

Kent  --  The relevance of height within class has mostly to do with the proportions of the plant, particularly the size of the flowers relative to the height of the stalk.  Lots of big flowers on a short stalk usually not too appealing, for instance.  Similarly, small flowers on a very tall and/or widely-branched plant.  Another important consideration is whether the blooms stand up above the foliage.  This tends to be more of a problem with the standard dwarves than with TBs.  Judges take these and LOTS more things into consideration, as you will learn from exhibiting.  --  Griff