Re: HYB: 03-87 Wearing Rubies x Braggadocio sibs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: 03-87 Wearing Rubies x Braggadocio sibs
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:51:20 -0000

I've read differing ideas about open standards, and how open they have to be
to be not acceptable.  I personally (not being a judge) would be happy to have
the first seedling in my garden.  It is (was) beautiful and the patch is
striking.  The standards aren't really splayed, just ruffled outward (so we
can see the nice styles!).  They do arch pleasantly, the right way, at the
midribs.  Putting aside abstract rules, in any case, I'd say it's a fine iris.
 But maybe not what you're after ....

(I see Griff has a similar view, so now I feel more confident about it!)

Kent

Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com> said:

> --0-1974629445-1154665062=:27773
>
> Here's two more sibs just to show the color range- both compost by now.
They did take after Braggadocio a bit more than Wearing Rubies.   These were
both taller, the wider sib with the pink around the beard was probably 32",
and had it not been so open in the standards I may have kept it around.  The
other was 36".

>   Robin Shadlow
>   zone 5 ne
>
>   noticing that while not many crosses took this year, the seed count has
been much higher than prior years

>  Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

> This e-mail has been scanned by Cut.Net Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on
Cut.Nets Content Service, visit http://www.cut.net
> --0-1974629445-1154665062=:27773

> <DIV>Here's two more sibs just to show the color range- both compost by
now.&nbsp; They did take after Braggadocio a bit more than Wearing
Rubies.&nbsp;&nbsp; These were both taller, the wider sib with the
pink&nbsp;around the beard was probably 32", and had it not been so open in
the standards I may have kept it around.&nbsp; The other was 36".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Robin Shadlow</DIV>  <DIV>zone 5 ne</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>noticing that while not many crosses took this year,
the seed count has been much higher than prior years</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p>&#32;
>               <hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br> Everyone is raving about the <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers";>
all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.</a>

Cut.Nets Content Service, visit http://www.cut.net<BR>