{Disarmed} Re: HYB: 03-87 Wearing Rubies x Braggadocio sibs

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Re: HYB: 03-87 Wearing Rubies x Braggadocio sibs
  • From: Robin Shadlow rshadlow@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:06:07 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, I did like the wide sib very much too.  It did get a little more open as that shot was taken the first day it bloomed.  I too am fine with open standards, but it was a trait observed quite heavily in the entire group of 03 seedlings and I don't want to perpetuate the problem to the point I can't correct it easily.
The real reason it became compost though was a different crime altogether.  That shot was taken in May of 04.  It did not bloom again in 05 and  since I hadn't marked it, (certain I would recognize it easily this spring) didn't know exactly which plant it was.  I removed the discards very soon after they bloomed while the memory of some poorer seedlings was still fresh in my mind so it would be easier to toss so many of them away.  Maybe it'll be one of the intrepid plants that blooms in the
I'll remember though that open standards aren't as widely disdained as I may have thought.
Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE
where they are promising us 5"of rain tonight.  Hope this forecast proves as accurate as they normally are : )

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2/min or less. __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=34028&stime=1155006504

Plant relocation Plant grow light