{Disarmed} Trying to Locate Some Historic and Classic Irises

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Trying to Locate Some Historic and Classic Irises
  • From: Carlos Ayento brightonparkiris@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Everyone,
A few of you probalby already know me, as I make an annual request for Schreiner iris photos for my Schreiner Tribute page at http://www.brightonparkiris.com/
It should go without saying that I also try to collect as many as of them I can.  After all my orders are in, I should be growing close to around 300 different Schreiner introductions ranging from 1936 to 2006.
To help me locate these and keep track of who has what, I created an Excel document with a column list of Schreiner introductions from 1934 to 1999 (717 introductions) and a row list of 40 U.S. commercial iris growers (listed at the end of the email).  After searching through databases, email, phone calls and what-not, I was able to find a commercial source for all but 145 introductions.
I am a member of the Historical Iris Preservation Society, so I do get some help over there as far as locating some varities.  Two from the list below, SNOWY HERON and SUNNYDALE were being grown by a private grower and I was able to establish a trade with them.
The rest are in limbo.  Some perhaps gone through the span time, others probably only growing in private yards.  I never really thought to send this list through here, since it's this is mainly a photo network, and a modern-iris network at that, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  I'm really hoping someone here knows were I can get a start of anything from this list below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Carlos Ayento
Admiral Blue TB 1973
Agatine TB 1959
Alpine Blue TB 1962