{Disarmed} RE: Re: Shade for seedlings

  • Subject: {Disarmed} RE: [iris-photos] Re: Shade for seedlings
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:06:53 -0700

I learned after 2002 when I lost 4/5ths of my little seedlings that I should give them summer shade.  Marvin builds frames for me of  PVC one inch pipes and I cover them with shade cloth.  It makes a world of difference.  Under the shade cloth the irises are green and dividing.  Most of those that didn’t get shade died in the 116 degree temperature we had two weeks ago.  I think I’ll go take some pictures of these frames.  It might help someone.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9