{Disarmed} Re: Need advice on an orange iris and a pic if possible

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Need advice on an orange iris and a pic if possible
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:06:48 -0400

Linda  --  For a dark orange, I'd recommend WILD WEST WIND.   Here's a photo of it in my garden, and you can see another at Dave's Garden http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/104130/.  It's not described as an orange by Lowell, its hybridizer, but that's the way it appears to my eye.  It's a great growing plant, sturdy. floriferous and a standout.  If you want a brighter orange, there are some, but I won't have my own photos and growth report until next year.  --  Griff