{Disarmed} Re: HYB: Black seedling

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Black seedling
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:06:21 -0500

It is great Francelle.  Is this it's first year blooming?  Is that a touch of mahogany that I see on the hafts?
Thanks for sharing.

On 8/14/06, J. Griffin Crump <jgcrump@cox.net> wrote:

Francelle  --  Your seedling has the richness of color that I would expect from Romantic Evening, but the very ruffled form must be from Purple Pirouette.   Congratulations on getting both.  Maybe you can improve the heat-hardiness of some other very modern blacks by crossing them with this one  --  if they live long enough to make the cross!  --  Griff