Re: CULT: TB: orange iris

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: CULT: TB: orange iris
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:31:43 -0400

Plus CARNIVAL SUNSET was bred and selected in Kentucky, so may be a
little better adapted to our climate than some.

As always, keep in mind that my soil is <not> the usual Tennessee clay,
has gravel, so is excessively well-drained.  No idea how well it does in
more typical soil.  Not a super grower here, but has lived and I think
managed a stalk every year I've grown it.

Superstition has had it in the past (can't find the catalog right
now...) or you can probably get a start of it from Hugh.

Parkhill's VOLUNTEER PRIDE is another one.  From only 50 miles away, but
not too happy, even in its home garden.  It sure made a nice clump the
year I saw it!  Photos taken in Tom's garden.  I have two little starts
of it in a pot, but haven't tried to grow it in real dirt yet.

<Thanks much LInda.  I know that you are probably closest to me of most
of the members here.  So that is good to know.  A little bolder color, a
litte tougher stalk, and we are on our way. It definitely has
                        qualities to work with. I love the beard on it.
Appreciate your time and info.  I'll search out a seller for this one.
Have a great day
                        Linda>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8