{Disarmed} Re: Sea Power

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Sea Power
  • From: "Riley Probst" rprobst02@earthlink.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:45:17 -0500

We have planted Sea Power 3 times.  It does not grow well in this area if it grows at all.  It is indeed the most beautiful thing in the iris world.
As for cutting foliage, we were trained not to cut back the foliage due to the photosynthesis always going on in green leaves.  Constant nourishment is being made by green leaves for the mother rhizome and the increase. Brown tips or brown leaves are no longer in production.  We cut them