{Disarmed} Re: Sea Power

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Sea Power
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:09:43 -0400

Beth  --  SEA POWER was planted here a year ago in July.  It did not bloom this spring, but has two increases and looks healthy.  As to cutting back leaves, I wouldn't do so unless they are really unsightly or diseased.  The leaves provide nutrition.   In fact, in this region some growers bring newly-dug rhizomes to sales with the full fans attached untrimmed, and they are then planted that way immediately.   I follow this practice.  --  Griff