{Disarmed} Re: Sea Power

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Sea Power
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:30:22 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/2006 9:14:22 A.M. Central Standard Time, badams007@yahoo.com writes:
<<OH - and another cultivation question.  I have always cut back the leaves just about now (along with all the other perrenials that are browning back) , but was told last year not to do that..... what are your thoughts about this??>>
My thought are don't.  The rhizome stores energy, but the leaves/fans manufacture the energy.  If you cut the fans back, the plants have a smaller factory.
Sea Power is a beautiful iris but has not grown well in two gardens for me.  I've had it since introduction and moved it here in 2003.  It barely replaces itself from year to year.  Obviously it grows much better in other gardens.
If you don't cross them, you'll won't have to plant them! Bah! Humbug!! Hot summer!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives