{Disarmed} Kind of OT - soil

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Kind of OT - soil
  • From: Beth Adams badams007@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 05:01:55 -0700 (PDT)

After living here for 15+ years, I decided to have a formal soil analysis done this summer.
I was greatly surprised when it came back with a pH of 6.8, and very solid levels of all nutrients.  It suggested no augmentation at all
The texture is slightly clayish, but I have excellent drainage since I sit on a side hill with a gravel under layer.
Zone 4A, 1200 alt
All my beds get full sun until late June, and then all get at least 6-8 hrs of full sun...
I am confused about why I have some plants that grow like weeds and never bloom...
any thoughts ?
-Beth Adams
Hobart NY (northern catskills)

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengerís low PC-to-Phone call rates. __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=34127&stime=1155988923