{Disarmed} Re: HYB: seedlings

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HYB: seedlings
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:34:12 -0500

Hi Linda.  Definitely of interest to me.  Please explain your thinking on putting the rest in a pot.  Do you somehow protect the potted ones more than the planted seedlings.  I usually start my seedlings in pots, although this year, I tried a few different techniques to determine if germination if better or worse in any of the environments.  I leave my pots of seeds "kind of" bunckered down in a built up wooden flower bed.  I guess it gives them a little protection, but I never considered it any kind of a guard against to much cold or anything like that. I really just see that as a little control over things like voles, moles, groundhogs, squirrels.  They have a little solitude from those.   So I am curious, what your game plan is?
Linda in Lascassas