Re: TB: QUITE QUAINT - for Pearl

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: QUITE QUAINT - for Pearl
  • From: Pearl Doyle pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:00:20 -0500

Thanks Betty and Donald. Donald I would also call this one blue/white. Betty, my neighbor's gray iris is probably much older than 1971. Just looking at the form, I would say more like a '30's or '40's iris. I didn't take a picture the year I saw it and it didn't bloom last year. It is a pale gray self. I can't remember the beard color, but it wasn't anything striking, no ruffles or lace.

Donald, I can only empathize with you. Even with a lake behind me, I'm still finding it hard to keep mine alive. These triple digit temperatures have taken a toll on everything.

Donald Eaves wrote:
>> Yet another day
well over the century mark here and another one predicted tomorrow.  I'm
basically just watching things die here and after a while I just sort of
quit looking.  I guess it'll weed out those that can't take drought and high
temps.  Nothing says I have to like it.<<

--
begin:vcard
url:http://www.txgimgim.com