Re: tiny rhizomes

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: tiny rhizomes
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:52:28 -0000

Hello Francesca,

The cross was ASPECTS OF LOVE X DESERT MOONLIGHT.  You'd probably be
better than me in determining what DM might carry in the way of aril
genes, but most of the Rich intros are complicated and DM's pedigree
is obscure in which ones were used.  I don't the pedigree for AOL but
I would think it would be standard for a TB.  Even so, AOL is as
suspect here as anything.  I've grown more TB X DM seedlings than with
any other single parent.  DM definitely brings some specific things to
the cross - by far more consistant than any other AB parent I've used
in terms of what you can expect - but this has been the only one like
this.  I am hoping it grows well in the new location, but I'll be
really surprised if it suddenly turns into a large plant.  Maybe a bit
larger, but not large.  It may never amount to anything at all. If it
survives to next summer, the new location will provide some shade from
the mid-day sun.

Donald

Yahoo! Groups Links