Re: [Spam--!] I hope this makes a pretty butterfly

  • Subject: Re: [Spam--!] I hope this makes a pretty butterfly
  • From: Bill Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:36:29 -0500

Linda,

Sure looks like a Tomato Horn Worm, though I don't recall such
distinctive false eyes on the ones around here. Tomato Horn Worms are
voracious eaters and can completely defoliate a tomato plant in a few
days. When spotted, they are summarily dispatched around here, so I
don't really know for sure what the adult stage looks like....

Bill Wells (enjoying ripe tomatoes in southern MO, having only smashed
one Tomato Horn Worm all growing season... unusual!)

Linda Smith wrote:

> It is not bothering the iris though, so far.
>
> Yes, I have a few tomato plants growing among the iris. Or rather
> what's left of them.
>
> Got to look up what this looks like as a butterfly or does someone
> already know?. It better be pretty. HA!
>

> The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
> attachments:
> Caterpillar ate My tomato
>
> Linda in CW AZ
>

> Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!