Re: I hope this makes a pretty butterfly

  • Subject: Re: I hope this makes a pretty butterfly
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:49:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2007 5:22:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time, amconway@telusplanet.net writes:
<<These caterpillars can destroy your entire crop of tomatoes, and are a serious threat to your garden.>>

These have a natural enemy.  Can't think of their name, but if you see white spots on the horn worms it is not necessary to remove the horn worm.  They have become host to a parasite that will kill them.  I usually pick them off until the white spots show.  I break off the limb the worm is feeding on and stomp worm leaf and all.  None so far this year.  Probably the result of the hard freeze.

Wish there was a similar parasite for deer!

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Some seedlings planted and some still in the pots!
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives
AIS: American Iris Society website