Re: parasitic wasps

 lol! Guess it depends on whether you look at it from the point of view of the wasp of the caterpillar! Guess I'm a bit down on wasps since it seems they can kill me too!
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Wells
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] parasitic wasps

Actually, Ann, I think of the wasps as the good guys. I am glad that
their eggs kill the caterpillars. Saves me the trouble and guarantees
that at least that particular Horn Worm will not reproduce. The worms
eat things that I don't want eaten - the wasps do me no harm :-)

Bill Wells (suffering in extreme heat and aridity in southern MO - need
rain badly)

Ann Conway wrote:
> The parasite is a very nasty wasp that lays it's eggs on the
> caterpiller, which eventually kill it in a particularly nasty way.
> Hopefully they are not common! ( they are very visible large white
> eggs attached to the poor caterpiller-very obvious....) Heh - I would
> probably do the opposite and kill the caterpiller if I saw the eggs,
> otherwise leave it...
> Ann

Yahoo! News

Odd News