Anyone know about blackberry lilies?

  • Subject: Anyone know about blackberry lilies?
  • From: cseggen1@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:55:03 EDT

I have a blackberry lily that has seed pods on it. It is a member of the iris family (Iridaceae).
 I only have the one plant.  Is it self pollinating or am I getting my hopes up for nothing?  If the seeds are viable, when do I pick the pods off so as not to lose the seeds?  Do they need the chilling just like iris seeds or what.  Help meout if you can please?
Connie Eggen
Zone 5b
Warsaw, MO

Recent Activity